Massimo71 ha pubblicato su Lomb.it 1016 articoli tra il 18/07/2003 ed il 25/07/2014.
Questo articolo è stato scritto il 03/06/2004 e fa parte della sezione Viaggi e Vacanze.
Dalla pubblicazione ad oggi, questa pagina ha ricevuto 1688 visite (1/g.) e 0 commenti.
Successivo Precedente Stesso autore
Kouvola is a lively small town where all the services you need are within easy reach, as distances are short and the main street has been designated a pedestrian district.
Kouvola's central location within Finland's borders and as a border post between the EU and the East makes it a town full of hustle and bustle. The town originally grew up around the junction of the north-south and east-west rail tracks. It was also a major road transport junction. Kouvola still treasures and benefits from its logistically good location.
The Old Russian Garrison area
The Kouvola garrisons were built during the years 1911–1914 as a base for the occupation forces of Imperial Russia. The red brick barracks and the old living quarters have been renovated for educational, corporate and residential use. The Kouvola Region Expertise Center combines the educational institutions and enterprises of the region to a know-how network. The strong areas of the Expertise Center are Russian language and culture, the applications of communication and information technology and digital learning environments. There is an IT-Campus developing in the area. The IT-Campus provides premises for businesses creating a new kind of a future. There is also the restaurant Kasarmiravintola with its conference facilities. The traditional Officers' Club has a catering service and it is used as a banquet hall.
The Three Churches
Keskuskirkko - The Central Church
Majority of Kouvola inhabitants are members of the Evangelical Lutheran parish. Keskuskirkko, which is the main church of the parish, was built in 1978.
Services on Sundays at 10 am.
Church of the Holy Cross
The church of the Holy Cross was built in 1915 as a church for Russian soldiers. After that it served as the main church of Kouvola Evangelical Lutheran parish until it was donated to the Hamina Orthodox parish and it became an Orthodox church again. Hamina Orthodox parish has activities in 10 different municipalities and it has three churches altogether.
The Church Autuaan Ursulan kirkko
This Roman Catholic Church consecrated in 1993. The main Masses are at 11 am on the first, second and fifth Sundays of the month, and at 6 pm on the third and fourth Sundays. The week mass is on Thursdays at 6 pm.
Aggiungi un commento all'articolo
Se vuoi firmare un commento con il tuo nick devi autenticarti: Login